Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Paper Players Fall Challenge


Hello!
How is your week going?  Jacob had his first day of school on Thursday. Well, it wasn't quite a day of school.  It was a half hour visit with the teacher (who was Caleb's teacher for the past two years!).  Mrs. Cooper is wonderful and Jacob loves her (thankfully)!  We had a great visit and he's ready for his next visit next Thursday...the start of kindergarten here is slow and painful!

Okay today's card...yes, it kinda looks like one I've made before but I tweaked it a bit to fit my mood!  I am so in love with the new core'dinations cardstock that I just can't stop using it!  Is that terrible?  I recently "acquired" the Stampin' Up! sanding block...it is so much fun!!!

Today's card is for this week's "The Paper Players" challenge.  Check out their design team's fabulous cards this week!


I love the Wonderfall stamp set and the Autumn Accents die.  I don't know what I'll do when fall is over!



Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso (core'dinations), Cajun Craze, More Mustartd
DSP: Orchard Harvest
Stamps: Wonderfall, Apothecary Accents (sentiment)
Ink: Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso
Other: Stripes TIEF, Buttons, Linen Thread, Autumn Accents Die, Dimensionals, Sanding Block


My baby started school today!  He was so excited for his first day of Junior Kindergarten!


7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous fall card, Jen! I LOVE the embossed panel. The sanding really brings out the details! And what an adorable big boy you have! Treasure the moments...they grow up so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Fall card. These leaves are perfect and I love the button accents especially with the twine bow. This ef works so well with the paper and to pull together the whole autumn look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your Jacob is starting off right!! What an adorable picture! This card is so great. I had convinced myself that I didn't "need" this paper but I just love every single thing about this card. Rethinking....again. Love how you used the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty fall card, Jen! I love the rich colors and the distressed embossing. Your little guy looks like he was pretty excited about school, too. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Found you through the Fab Fri blog and so glad I did! Love your style! I'll be back again! Ooh, and this card is amazing! So perfectly simple yet chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love everything about this, especially the plaid. Cased your card using the Gingham Roller. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete