Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #288


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  We are expecting a gorgeous day here today!  The first truly HOT day of the spring so far!  The kids are pumped about wearing shorts!  This has been a long time coming.  Both my kids are down to their last pair of pants without ripped knees!  Oh the joys of boys!!!  My oldest turns 11 this coming weekend and still wears the knees right out of his pants.  Actually, yesterday, his grey jogging pants came home slightly green.  Complete all over grass stains.  I just shake my head!

Well, today we have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous Jen Mitchell!  Jen's cards are always gorgeous and she can turn simple into a beautiful masterpiece!  Head over to her blog to be wowed!


Jen has a great sketch for us!  I kinda know right away what I wanted to do with this one!  This is my mother's Mother's Day card!  I just love the gold polka dot paper out of the Pop of Pink DSP pack.  I mean, those gold dots are just gorgeous!  I combined that with this fabulous set from Reverse Confetti and voila!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gold
DSP: Pop of Pink
Stamps: You're So (Reverse Confetti)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Double Stitched Circles (Lil Inkers), You're So Confetti Cuts (Reverse Confetti), Scalloped Circle Dies (Spellbinders), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards that the Design Team has created for your inspiration!  We hope you'll play along this week!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen

8 comments:

  1. A perfect way to show off those gorgeous gold dots! And I love this sentiment for a Mother's Day card. Beautifully done, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the gold looks on your card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant Jen and perfect for your mother's day card. I love those big gold polka dots - they are so fun. It's funny to hear your boys will be boys stories. I have only sisters so ripped pants was not a regular occurrence at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, the one positive about ripped jeans and grass-stained clothes is that you know they're active and that's such a big thing these days. But on to your card. Oh what a beauty! Gold, black and white are such an elegant combination and you've created a stunner here, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I love your card! The large gold dot compliment your sentiment so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gold!! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That gold spotted DSP is my favourite! Love how you've paired the gold in your sentiment - awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your black and gold!!!

    ReplyDelete