Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #255


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week has started out well!  We've had some beautiful summer weather here which has been lovely!  This weekend my youngest is having his "friend" birthday party.  Even though he has a summer birthday we wait until fall to have his "friend" party.  I've been busy trying to get ready for that!  We are doing a baseball theme!  Should be a fun time!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of Amy O'Neill!  Amy makes the most delightful cards!  She is so creative and just amazes me with her creativity!  I want to be like Amy when I grow up!!!!


Of course I realize now I put my sentiment in the wrong spot.  That's what happens when you're trying to make your card quickly.  This card was supposed to be a beautiful fall card with gorgeous leaves.  As you can see that card didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.  So I ended up with some black pine cones and black pine boughs.  Real festive colours!!!  I think the girls on our DT just set the bar so high with their amazing cards!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Red Glimmer
Stamps: Star of Light (sentiment)
Ink: Versamark Black
Other: Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies, Silly Stitched Dies (Lil' Inkers)

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  I hope you will head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out all the beautiful cards the Design Team has created for you!

Have a wonderful day!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. Pine cones and red glitter.......perfect Christmas combo! And the sentiment looks just fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out! The red glimmer adds a perfect touch of glamour and the black, red and white color scheme is a fresh look for a Christmas card. Beautifully done, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget about fall colors, black pine cones and red glitter are what it's all about! Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiufl and striking card, Jen! Black pinecones and foliage are such a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your good summer weather is still holding! Things seem to be slooooowly turning here. I'm ready for the fall colors. Hope your baseball card turns out great. I really love this card - the browns and red glitter strip really make it a homey feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But what are you speaking about Jen ? I absolutely love the way your card turned out ! It's so classy with these black pine cones and the red glitter touches !

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty and quite elegant Jen! Love the shimmery red bow and trim! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black, red & white is such a lovely colour combo for Christmas and topping it off with a glittery red strip takes it over the top!

    ReplyDelete