Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #247


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We have had a hot start to our week here.  Our air conditioner broke on Saturday so we've been fighting some extremely hot days and nights at our house.  The boys have been troopers and have slept so well given how hot their rooms are.  Thankfully, installation of a new AC unit is scheduled for first thing this morning.  I'm praying we have a nice cool sleep tonight!!!

We have a fun new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous Shannon Jaramillo!  Shannon is one of our new Guest Designers for a while and she makes the most beautiful cards!  Please head over to her blog and check them out!
Our sketch this week has a giant circle on it!  I guess the team forgot to give Shannon the notice about how I feel about circles!!!  Actually, as soon as I saw this sketch I knew I wanted to use my Wondrous Wreath set from Lil' Inkers!  I opted for some fall coloured flowers though this isn't actually intended to be a fall card.  I just love those rich colours!  Embossed the background and voila!  I stamped a sentiment on a banner and called it a day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso,  Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Vellum
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath (Lil Inkers), LJD Birthday Greetings (MFT)
Ink: Early espresso, Crushed Curry, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
Other: Warm Welcome Dies (Lil Inkers), Woodgrain Textured Embossing Folder (SU), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out what the Design Team has created.  They've knocked it out of the park!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen


8 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, are circles good, or bad?? Regardless, I love how you've used the sketch! Your colors are so vibrant and really pop against the Early Expresso card stock. And the embossing really adds a rustic feel to the card, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that sweet wreath against the woodgrain background! I thought of you when I first saw the sketch.....lol! Hope your AC comes back soon......hot here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! I guess we did forget to mention your circle phobia! But you came through like a trooper! The colors of your wreath are so warm and I LOVE that embossed woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rich brown background! And that vellum banner is perfect. A beautiful card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath and a gorgeous card, Jen! I hope you're all a lot cooler now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card Jen! The colours and the flower/wreath combo have such a warm feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that wreath and the pop of bright colors on the deep, rich brown woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete