Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Retro Sketches Shaker Box


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you got a chance to check out this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and are pondering what kind of card you'll make this week!

I had a few minutes to play in my craft room this afternoon.  It was so nice to be down there but man, it was cold for some reason.  I nearly froze!  I have my hoodie zipped up as far as it would go!!!  I must be getting old!

I couldn't resist playing along with this week's retro sketches challenge!  I loved the sketch and wanted to try out some more new things that I had purchased after Christmas!

I had ordered the Border Builders Die from Lil' Inkers and wanted to try out the "cloud" die.  I thought it would be the perfect accent in the corner.  I have never made a skaker box.  I know there's a video or two out there but I just thought I would give it a whirl on my own.  I threw in some of the In Colour SU Sequins (as few Bermuda Bay and Silver ones too!) and I was off to the races.  I think ti's a good start!

I added a banner from the "Celebrate Today" stamp set and called it a day!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Costal Cabana
DSP: Fresh Prints DSP Stack
Stamps: Celebrate Today
Ink: Basic Black
Other: 4X4 Journal Die (My Creative Time), Balloons Framelits Die, Border Builders Die (Lil' Inkers), Stitched Rectangle Die, Foam Tape, Sequins



I made another card for one of my other Valentine's!  I had to make sure it had an airplane on it as well.  I don't want anyone to think they missed out on an airplane!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
DSP: Stacked with Love DSP Stack
Stamps: Fun Paper Airplane, Plane and Simple (both My Creative Time)
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Border Builders Die (Lil' Inkers),  Anytime Tags (Lil' Inkers), Sentiment Flag Additions Die (Lil' Inkers), Stitched Rectangle Die (Lil' Inkers), Fun Paper Airplane (My Creative Time)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you have a fabulous day!

Jen

5 comments:

  1. I am loving seeing you use all your new stuff! Fantastic cards, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on fire this week playing with all your new goodies! Shaker cards are so much fun and I just love that paper airplane that you've been using!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card!!! love those sequins!! thanks for playing with us at retro sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Jen! I love how you've used your new goodies, you lucky thing! You're freezing - I'm sitting here with the AC on and am hanging for the sun to go down so I can get cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable! Love seeing the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete