Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #142


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Can you believe it's almost the end of June!  Where on earth did that month go?  Our kids have to go to school until Friday (and believe me, it's pain and torture) but then we're home free!  I can't wait to not have to make lunches every day - at least not while we're also trying to make breakfast!

We have a brand new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches today!  I am thrilled to be this week's hostess!  I have some big shoes to fill of Cindy's great sketch last week!  I decided to go with something very simple and clean.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!  I love the diversity we see in the gallery!

I have some teacher cards that need to be created in time for the last day of school.  This probably wasn't the best card to try and re-create 4 times but they're pretty much done!  One final step and I'm off to the races!  My "Another Thank You" arrived on Monday and was put to use right away!  I rubbed craft ink on the back panel to create a chalkboard effect.  Unfortunately it didn't go as planned and I ended up with "lumps".  I also find it amusing that there are no chalk boards in our school.  Guess I should have used a white board or a "Smart Board"!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red
Stamps: Teacher's Apple (PTI), Another Thank You (SU)
Ink: Versamark, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, White Craft Ink
Other: White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Early Espresso marker

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out what the design team has created for your viewing pleasure!  You will not be disappointed!

Have a  fabulous day!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. I would have been lost without my chalkboard when I taught! Love your card! It is absolutely perfect for a teacher! Thanks for the great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chalkboard card, Jen! So perfect for this sketch - which by the way is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally fabbo Jen! I love the chalkboard sentiment and the whole teacher theme. The red apple is the perfect pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome Sketch Jen,just like your card!! Totaly love the chalkboard!! Like Linda said,perfect teachers card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your sketch this week, and love your card! Great teacher's card with the blackboard technique! Love the DSP apple, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant!! Just brilliant!! Great sketch and fabulous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketch this week and fabulous card! I love the chalkboard and the pop of the red apple!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your choice of sketch this week...your teacher card is awesome..love that apple!

    ReplyDelete