Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #139


Hello and Happy Wednesday!
Can you believe it's Wednesday?!  This week actually feels like it's going rather slow around here for some reason.  It has been a nice week so far though and we've been enjoying some super warm weather!  The boys have been loving being able to go in the pool!  It's supposed to cool off tomorrow for a bit which will be nice!

We have a fabulous new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week courtesy of the super creative Rita Wright!  When I first saw this sketch I immediately thought that I should get a start on the end of the year Teacher cards and then I thought I should make my parents their 40th anniversary card but I ended up hauling out the Open Sea stamp set....which doesn't work for either of those cards!

I love the Open Sea!  It is so perfect for masculine cards and I must apologize to those men in my life who receive more than one card made using this set!

I went with Midnight Muse (I miss this colour soooooo much!), Cherry Cobbler, some Crumb Cake and a touch of Early Espresso!  I originally hadn't embossed the tag but it looked like it was missing something so I got out my Arrows Textured Embossing Folder and added a bit of texture!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler
Stamps: Open Sea, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Early Espresso, Midnight Muse
Other: Arrows Textured Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Silver Brads, Bitty Banners Framelits, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope that you'll head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog and checked out the samples that the design team has cooked up for you!  They are definitely worth the visit!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. You are rockin' the nautical look for sure! Love the colors - love the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on using this set, Jen! You do great things with it. And I love the embossing on the tag -- great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the colours just pop on this card, Jen! I love this set and you've made an amazing card with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow - this masculine card is one of the best I've seen with this stamp set! Love the VV matting as it really makes the MM and CC pop! Can you tell I'm loving this card?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how this stamp set worked for this challenge. Your color choices are fabulous! It's such a clean and masculine card. Perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When a card is this great, I agree with Amy. Just keep making them!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great masculine card! I love seeing gorgeous cards with this set as it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sharp looking card! Great guy card!

    ReplyDelete