Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches #141


Hey There!
It's Wednesday!  Halfway through the week already!  The boys don't have much school left!  I get sad thinking that my baby is going into Grade 1 next year.  How is that even possible?  I've been busy the last few days getting stuff ready for our Church's summer camp.  My friend Julie and I are running a card making elective so I've been cutting up a storm.  I took a break tonight as I'm exhausted and figure I could make a cutting error!

We have a great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  The incredibly talented Cindy Hall has come up with a beauty for us!  I had such a great time playing with this one!


I couldn't help but use the new Moonlight DSP paper stack!  I love the look of Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey together!  Throw in some Smoky slate and I'm sold!!!

I decided to add some faux stitching and a jewel to the banner to add a little pizzazz.  I embossed the smoky slate panel with the honeycomb embossing folder...I needed a little extra texture!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
DSP: Moonlight DSP Stack
Stamps: Just Sayin'
Ink: Blackberry Bliss
Other: Basic Rhinestone, White Gel Pen, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Word Bubbles Framelits, Dimensionals


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please check out the Freshly Made Sketches blog and see what the design team has created for you!  You will not be disappointed!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen

8 comments:

  1. Love your mix of pattern and color! And the stitches on the banner are a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty, Jen! I received my first ever Stampin' Up order, and it looks like I have the bundle with several of the inks and cardstock you've used! Wonderful inspiration; wonderful colour/pattern combination! Enjoy the card making course you're offering; it will be awesome!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, Jen! The banner under the speech bubble really finishes this card off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,i love this card!! The colors are amazing!! I think i really need these papers,they are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apparently cutting that much paper is good for your creative mojo, because this card is amazing! I love your color/paper choices, the embossing is the perfect complement, and I love the modern, fresh look with the banner and word bubble sentiment. Really awesome card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Jen! love those colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh totally gorgeous Jen! These colours are just the perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! The colors, the banner…perfect!

    ReplyDelete