Wednesday, June 11, 2014

3rd Time's a Charm - FMS Challenge #140


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I must say I'm excited that it's Wednesday!  We are one day closer to the weekend!  We are headed to the Hamilton Air Show this weekend - which really isn't an air show this year but there will be plans on the runway for the kids to stare at in wonder so I have three very excited boys at my house!!!

We have a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our lovely hostess this week is the uber talented Linda Callahan!  Don't forget to go and check out her blog!  She is so creative!
So, this is not the first card I made for this sketch.  It isn't even the second card I made for the sketch. I made my first card for my dad for father's day but it wasn't quite screaming my dad's name.  The card itself was fine and my husband decided he wanted to send it to his dad for Father's Day.  I made a second one for my dad and was so excited to have it done and that I would be getting in the mail in time that I totally forgot to take pictures of either card!  That left me heading back to the drawing board for card #3!  Yup, if my head wasn't attached I would totally leave it somewhere!

I went for a very clean look on this card.  Those butterflies are hanging on for dear life and I will need to try adhering them with something else!!! I could have added some sequins (and I still might) but I really did want to keep the card clean!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Champagne Glimmer
Stamps: Papillon Potpourri, Four You
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and you will be amazed by the fabulous card the design team has created for you!!!

Have a  wonderful day!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. So clean and crisp! The glitter strips are fabulous and the pop of the black butterflies is a wonderful look! I got a chuckle out of the fact you mailed a card before photographing it! Been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,this card is SO beautiful! I love the glitter and the pretty butterflies!!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great story! I'm sure that I've forgotten to take a picture of a card a time or two! But I love what you ended up with. The glimmer paper makes some pretty fancy stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! I rarely pull out my glimmer card stock, except for Christmas. I should try a "regular" card with it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Jen! That sentiment looks fabulous with those gorgeous butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have totally nailed clean Jen - this card is stunning with all that white space! The glimmer strips are a fabulous touch as well as those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your card! It was totally the inspiration for the card I made, thank you:)

    Peace, Love, & Creative Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete