Monday, November 4, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch Wedding


Hello!
Happy Monday!  It's been a crazy day here!  We had a good weekend.  It was fairly quiet and we spent a lot of time together at home.  Sometimes I wonder why we fill our schedule when staying at home is so relaxing and seems to be just what we all needed.

We attended a wedding on Saturday evening and I needed to create a card for the wedding.  This friend of mine is Asian and I wanted to make her a traditional red card to honour her Chinese heritage.


I really liked the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch this week.  It allowed me to maximize my use of red!!!

I do love scrunched flowers!  I probably use them too much but they're so fun!  I used the Scalloped Circle Punch and one of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms punch.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Stamps: Love and Laughter, En Francais
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Other: Mosaic Textured Embossing Folder, Lace, Modern Label Punch, Basic Pearls, Boho Blossoms Punch, Scalloped Circle Punch, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a great day!

Jen



7 comments:

  1. This is a WOW card! That red embossed base is so dramatic - I know your friend loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and striking card. The red makes is so elegant and I love the layer of lace on the banner. This is a great sketch. I have to try to find some time to play along this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if my comment when through.
    This card is very pretty. The red makes it very elegant and striking. I love the layer of lace. I'm hoping to find some time to play along with the great sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! That lace is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch & the fabulous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banner looks so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lace on card Jen, it added so much texture.

    ReplyDelete