Monday, April 1, 2013

Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Birthday Card!


Hello!
I hope everyone enjoyed a great Easter!  We had a wonderful weekend together and thought it was quiet it was nice and relaxed!  Caleb flew his first airplane on the weekend!  I was so excited and nervous and then proud all at the same time!  He had some help from Daddy but it was still done a lot on his own!  Can you believe that?!  Pictures and a link to the video are below!  I'm one proud mama!!!

Today's card is a birthday card for my Mama!  Her birthday is on Monday but I had to get it into the mail today so she'd get it on time.  I saw the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge sketch and knew that I could use it to make the perfect card for my mom!  My mom makes the most awesome cards...it's hard to make something for her because her's are always so thoughtful and personal!  My mom LOVES strawberries!


I wanted to do a punch art strawberry but when doing research discovered that I didn't have all of the required punches so I had to improvise and since I am doing the CCMC challenge I needed to keep it SUO!  The strawberry body is a full heart punch embossed with the perfect polka dot embossing folder.  The leaves are one of the flowers from the Secret Garden Framelits.   The stem is from the 2-step bird punch and the flowers are from the Boho Blossoms Punch!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Gumball Green
Stamps: Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Real Red
Other: 2 3/8: Scalloped Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, Full Heart Punch, Secret Garden Framelits, 2-Step Bird Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Real Red Satin Ribbon, Brights Brads, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals.


Here are some pictures of my baby flying!  
Here is a link to the video!



Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

Jen!

8 comments:

  1. Clever use of the punches! SWEET card for summertime! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN and HAPPY card! As soon as I saw it all I could think was SUMMERTIME!! (And will it EVER get here!) GREAT use of the punches! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! Makes me think of warmer weather...which I am ready for! Love the clean and simple look. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous summery card. All that white is just gorgeous. Great job with the punches. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is so sweet and fresh and "new" looking!!! A kiss of summer! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever!! I love all the red and white! And what a super idea to make a strawberry! I love it! The little flowers are so sweet! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous clean and fresh card! Love the punch art strawberry! Your mom is going to love this birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum strawberries! I just finished eating some! I'm sure your mom will love the card. I'm so glad you joined our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete