Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #77



Hello!
I hope you are having a great week so far!  We are in the middle of our March Break (how can it be the middle already?!).  The two boys and I have taken a little trip to visit my parents for the week!  My husband is at home working...I wonder if he's enjoying the quiet?!  We are having a blast here!  My boys couldn't be happier!

Wednesday brings us a new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  The fabulous Jennifer Timko brings us this week's sketch!  This card is my second take on the sketch.  The first one did not fair out so well...ugh.  Sometimes I wonder about myself!!!

I finally decided on making a very blue and white card! I love blue!  I was going to use midnight muse but then changed my mind and went with Night of Navy!  I also love, love, love the Secret Garden stamp set and dies!  Who doesn't love dies?!  I embossed some flowers up in white and I was ready to go.  I must thank my sweet mom who let me use ALL of her supplies!  I opted out of bringing anything with me this trip!!!  I'm so thankful for her!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Whisper White
DSP: Night of Navy
Stamps: Secret Garden, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Versamark
Other: White Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Blue Twine, Ribbon Slide, Dimensionals, Bitty Banners Framelits


Two little pictures of my little boys!  Caleb's job this week is to help Papa with wood.  Papa loads the wheelbarrow and brings the wood to the door...Caleb then hands it all to Papa!  He's been a great help and done it so willingly!

Monster truck driving is always a favourite activity around here!  Each of the boys has a truck to drive and they are CRAZY!  The snowbanks are a bit of an issue but they are slowly learning!!! 



Thanks for stopping by!  Please check out the Freshly Made Sketches website to see the fabulous card the design team has created for you!

Have a great week!

Jen!

11 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. Enjoy your quiet time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed flowers - so classy! And it is always fun at Grandpa's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet to see your boys enjoying their grandpa! My boys are 22 and 25 now and still have a great time with their grandpa- those early years forged a lasting relationship:) Your card is so beautiful- so striking in Night of Navy blue- one of my favorite colors!! You made you go and order that Secret Garden set...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful in blue creation!
    Thanks for sharing the sweet pics of your boys.. wonderful that you are enjoying them. They do tend to grow up and move away. All four of my boys did just that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this blue and white beauty! The colors are so striking! Enjoy your time at your parents - it looks like the boys are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. I love blue and white too. The embossed flower are so pretty. I really like this sketch and hope I get the chance to join in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen this is so elegant - love the gold embossing teamed with Night of Navy! We're in the middle of a heat wave so it's weird to see so much snow! Great pics with Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been so long since I've used navy that I forgot how pretty it is. I love your embossed flowers! I want to come play in the snow with some monster trucks! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen! I love the navy and white. This is a lovely, elegant combination. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Jen! This is incredibly beautiful and classy. I'd have never thought to use navy with this stamp set, but it is so elegant. I love the textures and embellishments, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, Jen! The monochromatic palette really gives an elegant feel to the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete